The Overland Trails Council has teamed up with Virginia Diner to bring a spring product sale option to our units. In an effort to allow Scouts to be thrifty and pay their own way, the sale is designed to help units raise funds for summer activities. Many packs, troops, and crews fund their unit through the popcorn sale in the fall, and use the spring nut sale to “fund the Scout”. This is a great opportunity to help raise the funds necessary to give each youth the opportunity to attend camp.
- This is both a Show & Sell and Take Order sale. Units can do one or the other or both.
- The unit commission is 40%.
- The Take Order works much as our popcorn sale. Scouts us an order sheet to take orders from their customers, then deliver the product and collect the money later.
- Chocolate products are only available with Take Order sales. This is due to the nature of the product and storage temperature concerns.
- The Show & Sell allows units to buy the product by the case and sell it directly to the customer with no waiting.
- Units must buy Show & Sell products by the case but will be allowed to return unsold product to the council by March 25, 2019.
- The council will have extra product on hand in case a unit runs out of Show & Sell product.
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill out your Unit Commitment form either online or in paper and submit it by January 2, 2019. If submitting it in paper, either mail or drop it off at either our Grand Island or North Platte Scout Service Center. The online form can be found at http://bit.ly/2FIVKlU.
- Remember that the unit may participate in the Show & Sell sale, the Take Order sale, or both.
- For Show & Sell sales:
- Fill out your Show & Sell Order Form either online or in paper and submit it by January 31,2019. If submitting in paper, either mail or drop it off at either our Grand Island or North Platte Scout Service Center. The online form can be found at http://bit.ly/2ATt8Cb.
- Pick up your product on February 15, 2019. Locations will be announced on the council website and Facebook page. You will receive a packing list and invoice at this time.
- If you have leftover product at the end of the sale, you can return it to either the Grand Island or North Platte Service Center by March 29, 2019 to get full credit on your invoice.
- A single check should be submitted to the Grand Island or North Platte Service Center no later than March 29, 2019. It should be paid to the order of Overland Trails Council, and should pay for the full amount of the invoice less the product returned.
- For Take Order sales:
- Pick up order forms from either the Grand Island or North Platte Service Center and distribute to your Scouts.
- Sale begins on February 15, 2019. Encourage your Scouts to start selling at that time.
- Periodically check in on your Scouts to see how they are doing. Give them some additional motivation if they are not meeting personal or unit goals.
- Collect all order forms from your Scouts, fill out the Unit Master Tally Form, and upload to the website no later than March 29, 2019. The upload link can be found at http://bit.ly/2sGmRWj.
- Pick up your product on April 12, 2019. Locations will be announced on the council website and Facebook page. You will receive a packing list and invoice at this time.
- Deliver product and collect money.
- A single check should be submitted to the Grand Island or North Platte Service Center no later than May 6, 2019. It should be paid to the order of Overland Trails Council, and should pay for the full amount of the invoice that was given to the unit when the product was picked up.
Payments will be made to the Overland Trails Council. Checks must be dropped off at Grand Island or North Platte Service Center or mailed to:
Overland Trails Council
PO Box 1361
Grand Island, NE 68802-1361
** Late payments will be assessed additional fees. **
|118 downloads||1.1||Tyson Coble||23-01-2019 15:46|
|79 downloads||1.0||Tyson Coble||23-01-2019 13:46|
Who should you ask to buy Nuts for Scouting?
- Grandparents, Aunts/Uncles, Cousins
- Friends and coworkers of parents
- Sell at your place of worship
- Sell door-to-door (see Selling Safety Tips)
Show & Sell
Arrange Show & Sell locations so you Scouts can be seen in front of high visibility store fronts or community gatherings. Be sure to plan in advance and communicate the dates and locations to your unit. When contacting stores, make sure they write down your unit number and a contact.
Selling Safety Tips
- Always sell with an adult or buddy
- Never enter a stranger’s house
- Keep checks and cash in a separate envelope with your name on it
- Always walk on the sidewalk whenever possible
- Never sell at night
- Wear your uniform
- Always be courteous!